Apprentice

How to scan to computer as word 10 document

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please provide the following information:

What OS version and build are you using your printer with?

Also the version of Word or Office Suite you are using?  Maybe 2010?  Please confirm the above information in your reply.  

I do not believe .doc or .docx is a supported save as file type for "Scan to Destination".  I'll check into this for you.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Supported file types are:

shadowsports_0-1712429658457.png

Scanning Options Are:

shadowsports_1-1712429712912.png

See page 325 in the User Guide for supported operations:

G7000 series Online Manual (canon.com)

shadowsports_2-1712429813318.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

normadel
Authority
Authority

The scanner does not CREATE a Word document.  What it does is send what it scans TO Word.

I understand - the question should have been more specific.  So far, the scanned document ends up in my computer as a pdf file.  How can I get it to end up as a word document?  Thank you for your answer.

The scanner creates PDF files, JPG compressed image files, and TIFF uncompressed image files. It can't create a Word Document directly.

A PDF is the most usable image for documents. You can open a PDF in Word, should you choose to. I've found the easiest way to do this is to open Word, then open a separate window with the folder containing your PDF document (your downloads or documents folder, your desktop, etc.), then drag & drop the PDF into Word. It'll convert the PDF to an editable Word doc. This works on both Windows and macOS.

normadel
Authority
Authority

Does your scanner not give choices, either with buttons or in software, to choose between photo and document?

Announcements