cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G6020 won't print from computer, OK from phone

NHall
Apprentice

I recently upgraded from a 12 year old Canon printer that worked perfectly every time until the drivers were out of date and I was forced to buy a new printer.  I purchased the G6020 and have been extremely disappointed in how difficult it is to use.

Right now I am trying to print from my computer, and I always get the message "Cannot communicate with the printer." The printer is connected to WIFI, and I am able to print from my phone - just not my computer.  Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, NHall!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Danny - it is Windows 10 Enterprise.  It's my work computer so the IT team helped me install the drivers.  It worked once or twice and then hasn't worked since.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Is this system running or connected to corporate VPN?  If so, and all of the traffic is being tunneled to the workplace, your computer will not be able to communicate with devices on your local LAN.  Ask your IT dept. to verify if split tunnel is enabled for your VPN client (if applicable).

If this doesn't apply, we'll assist you further with troubleshooting.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements