cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G6020 printer won't print from cassette tray

flstfhd07
Apprentice

PIXMA G6020.  Yesterday, 4/21, printing with no problems.  Today, 4/22, cannot print from the cassette.  I have ensured all settings are correct, etc. etc.  How ridiculous.  I'm trying to work from home and this is creating serious problems for me.

8 REPLIES 8

flstfhd07
Apprentice

Strange that when I print from Adobe, it prints from the cassette.  When I print from Word, it forces me to print from the rear tray.

nclementviacapi
Apprentice

Hello I am experiencing this problem also. The printer refuses to print from the bottom cassette.

I have tried all the trick I have seen in this community, but still, it won't.

Any hints?

Check the settings in your printer dialog box when you print. Some computers (especially Macs, I think) have an option to "use previous settings" or something like that. If that box is checked and you have previously used the rear tray, then it will always try to use that tray.

The setting may be somewhat buried, especially if you are using Google Docs. You may need to go beyond the Google Docs print settings dialog box and get to the Operating System dialog box before you can access the functions.

In my opinion Google Docs + Mac OS is a terrible setup.

Greenster
Apprentice

So what's the solution? This is ridiculous! Help please!

I know! I’m about to throw this printer out the window. Can’t print from cassette paper tray even when I select it! I’ve never used the rear tray so it isn’t defaulting back. This is ridiculous! 

Sylvia72
Apprentice

I had to call Asurion Tech Support (which I purchased with this printer) to get this answer. After loading paper into the cassette tray, ALSO put one piece of paper in the rear tray. Then print from your computer. VOILA! Because OK was pressed after loading paper into cassette tray it prints from the cassette tray. The piece of paper in the rear tray just tells the printer that set-up is complete. How silly is this??? VERY SILLY! But it works.

CBizz
Apprentice

SOLVED for MAC

I tried everything from the printers extremely minimal settings to Mac’s printer settings and no matter what it would ALWAYS try printing from rear tray. To solve this issue you must go into the printer administrator setting in your web browser:

http://127.0.0.1:631/printers

Go to ^that^ website

Click the printer in question. There will be 2 dropdown boxes (Maintenance/Administration)

Click Administration and choose “Set Default Options”. Choose your settings, for Media Source choose “Main Tray” and select “Set Default Options” then type your username & password to submit (same username & password you use to unlock your computer). When you go to print, in the dialog box make sure “Default settings” are selected. BOOM.

Note - when you create a new preset in the print dialog box it will revert back to the infuriating rear tray preset. So always use default setting since it’s based off what you selected in the administrator settings.

Bummer87
Apprentice

To print from Cassett.

Open Windows control panel

Go to Devices and printers

Click on your printer

Click Display print properties

Scroll down, click on Preferences

New screen

Scroll down to Media Type

Chose Letters 8.5X 11

Scroll down to paper source.

Arrow down to Cassette

Check box, Always print w correct settings.

Click Media Info

New screen

Click SET

Then Apply

Announcements