cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G3270 faded print on borderless regardless of settings or paper chosen

Vlaphor
Apprentice

Spent a bunch of time reading reports with nobody figuring out the issue, so I thought I would thrown my hat into the ring.  Any time I try to print a photo in borderless mode using photo paper, the ink becomes incredibly faded.  When I put in glossy photo paper and set the printer settings to glossy/glossy++/matte and try to print via photo paper, the printer complains that plain paper isn't in the tray.  If I tell it to ignore this and print with the paper that's there, the paper comes out faded in borderless.  If I change the settings around to anything other than plain or others, it will complain about this, even when photo paper is selected in the settings.  

This printer does great images with borders, but is unusable borderless.  Latest software and updates, is there a fix for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Vlaphor
Apprentice

I may have just found a solution.  When the printer was installed, it created two printers in my computer.  The first one used the Microsoft driver and was the default, the Copy1 uses the Canon driver.  I deleted the first printer and made the Canon the default and suddenly had a bunch more options, and was able to do a borderless print

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Vlaphor
Apprentice

I may have just found a solution.  When the printer was installed, it created two printers in my computer.  The first one used the Microsoft driver and was the default, the Copy1 uses the Canon driver.  I deleted the first printer and made the Canon the default and suddenly had a bunch more options, and was able to do a borderless print

Announcements