cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA 6020 Nozzle check pattern

TampaPix
Apprentice

After a couple of months of non-use I now am missing black printing.  The nozzle check pattern is completely missing the entire top row. Color patterns are beautiful, but no black text under it.   I have run every utility under the sun, and behind the moon.  Align print heads results in error after printing the first page.  Some columns are completely missing, although there are columns with black vertical bars and black horizontal bars. I have done cleaning, deep cleaning, and ink flush.  I have taken out both print heads and they look fine.  The valve switch is open.  I've even inspected the timing belt and it looks clean.  Tried manual alignment and still get error, says my nozzles might be clogged, even after running all the utilities three or four times.  I even uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled.  What now brown cow?Screenshot 2023-05-05 204707.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

The cow gods 🐄 say that your nozzles could still be clogged (unfortunately). When ink dries in the print head it can be as hard as dried glue or cement.  Sometimes it takes several (meaning many and possibly more than 3) cleanings to resolve.

If it's really stuck and dry, you can burn through a lot of ink trying to resolve it.  The nozzles in the printhead are tiny, tiny and can clog if not used regularly.  Usually a cleaning or 2 works, but heat, sunlight and the age of the ink might cause problems.  You might try the ink flush again - blk only.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

The cow gods 🐄 say that your nozzles could still be clogged (unfortunately). When ink dries in the print head it can be as hard as dried glue or cement.  Sometimes it takes several (meaning many and possibly more than 3) cleanings to resolve.

If it's really stuck and dry, you can burn through a lot of ink trying to resolve it.  The nozzles in the printhead are tiny, tiny and can clog if not used regularly.  Usually a cleaning or 2 works, but heat, sunlight and the age of the ink might cause problems.  You might try the ink flush again - blk only.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

It's on tomorrow's to do list. Thankjs.

TampaPix
Apprentice

Thanks!  I believe this is the situation. I think I've done two or three on the black.  I've got plenty of black ink, I've got 80% left of the first bottle it came with.  Plus two more.  While I was inside looking around, I saw a few sponge pads of various sizes.  I suppose those are scrubbers?  What happens when they get really gunked up?  Are they removeable for washing and replacing?  One is black, the other is nearly black which I supposed is what happens when you mix all 3 colors.  They are way off on the right.  Then there's a long narrow one that runs L/R like a rail under the print heads.  It has a little bit of cyan only on the right end.  Doesn't look problematic.  What do you think?

Thanks.

More times than not when I attempt to print on this thing, one of the nozzles is clogged. I don't print all that much. I run deep cleaning and then I get an error 5200 and have to turn off the printer. I end up doing a flush to fix it. So, 1 - I waste a lot of paper, 2 - I waste a lot of ink, 3 - I waste a lot of time. This printer is GARBAGE. I will NEVER buy another Canon printer again and I will encourage anyone else not to purchase one either.

Canon is fake, I bought a PIXMA g640 1month ago, when the first ink got done, I couldn't even find a replacement in Uganda. Why bring a product without consumables? Then after waiting for two weeks in order it came but black and gray seems not to be working. After trying cleaning, it says maintenance cartridge almost full can't perform the operation. Just after a month? Am so pissed up with canon

James_C

Hi KinyeraEmmanuel,

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product PIXMA G640 appears to be a model not supported by our team here at Canon USA. While the community is welcome to chime in, the Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We can only support Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That's why canon is **bleep**ed up

Announcements