cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Black type from rear tray

CTSailor
Apprentice

I have a MG5300.  Can you tell me why it will not print black type from the rear tray? It comes out  blue instead.  If I print from the front tray, the black type is fine. I've checked and cleaned the ink heads.  The printer's selection of the rear tray is triggered by my choice of glossy paper.

2 REPLIES 2

CTSailor
Apprentice

I have a MG5300.  Can you tell me why it will not print black type from the rear tray? It comes out  blue instead.  If I print from the front tray, the black type is fine. I've checked and cleaned the ink heads.  The printer's selection of the rear tray is triggered by my choice of glossy paper.

Ramona
Authority

Hi CTSailor,

When printing from the cassette tray in the front of the printer (usually on plain paper), the pigment black ink tank (larger black ink tank) is used to produce the black ink on the page.  When printing from the rear tray, usually a different paper type other than plain paper is being printed on, and, in these instances, a combination of the color inks (including the small black ink tank) are used to produce the text and/or images on the page.  If any of the ink tanks are not printing correctly, the colors may appear inaccurate on the printout.

To verify that all of the inkjet nozzles are dispensing the ink correctly, we can print a nozzle check pattern from the printer.  To do this, please follow the steps located at the link below:

Printing the Nozzle Check Pattern

Did the nozzle check pattern print correctly?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements