cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MP830 prints only 1/2 of the letters.

SandyD
Apprentice

MP830 prints only 1/2 the letters - cuts off the top 1/2.  I tried copying vs. printing from my laptop- still the same issue.  The ink level is ok- no problems there.  I reset the printer- still the same problem.  Appreciate any insight.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi SandyD,

First, please make sure that the installed ink tanks are correct and full of ink.  The correct order is:

CLI-8BK Black
PGI-5 Black
CLI-8Y Yellow
CLI-8M Magenta
CLI-8C Cyan

Next, a test of the printer should be performed.  The Nozzle Check pattern shows if each print head nozzle is operating properly.  Please perform the following steps to print a Nozzle Check pattern:

1.  Load letter-sized plain paper in the auto sheet feeder.

2.  Press the <FAX> button.

3.  Press the <MENU> button.

4.  Press the right arrow to select Maintenance / Settings, then press <OK>.

5.  Press <OK> to select Maintenance.

6.  Press <OK> to select Nozzle check.

7.  Press <OK> to select Yes.

The nozzle check pattern will now print.  Please compare your printout with the example at the bottom of this post.  If the page prints blank, or there is missing lines or streaks, printhead cleanings should be performed.

Please perform the following steps to perform a Deep Cleaning:  

1.  Press <FAX>.

2.  Press the <MENU> button.

3.  Press the right arrow to select Maintenance / Settings, then press <OK>.

4.  Press <OK> to select Maintenance.

5.  Press the down arrow to select Deep Cleaning and press <OK>.

6.  Press <OK> to select Yes.

The Deep cleaning will be performed.  After 3 or 4 cleanings, print another test page.

Does the test page print correctly?  If not, it is recommended that you contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

MP830 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements