cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mg7520 not staying on

Ndsanders
Apprentice

I did a fix by turning off router then turned on printer and changed the dns server manually from all zeros to 001 on the end.  ( in printer’s setup tools). Then turned off printer and turned on router, waited till all booted up. Turned printer back on and now printer is working fine. Is this the same as the firmware update or should I update with the firmware fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamanthaW

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

SamanthaW

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

It's all well and good you all apologising for any inconvenience but that doesn't actually help me at all because I don't have a USB cable. I've never needed one. Also my printer is not close to my PC so even if I did I would still have to move the printer. Also my family do not want me to shut off the internet because it takes 15 minutes to come back on (don't blame me, blame Comcast.) So my inconvenience is rather major. As in I can't actually update my firmware, so what am I supposed to do? Go out and spend more time and money on buying something I don't need for anything else and irritate my whole family to boot? What a wonderful solution to a problem of your making, thanks a bunch. I am supremely unimpressed.

Announcements