cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu Options List/Schematic

Hguilmette
Contributor

Does anyone have a place to go for the detailed identification of the printer menu lists?  I don't need to know WHAT they mean, but rather WHAT they are and where located.

I have the G7020 with the next to invisible LCD and it takes forever to find any specfic item, or what items there are. The manual lists them all consecutively, but doesn't provide a path to find them.

Thank you

Harris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Hguilmette wrote:
Thank you for your response. My issue is that I don't have any idea what's there or even where "where" is. For example, I was following your response on making a static IP for g4210. I checked the manual with no luck. Tcp/IP? Your kidding in g7020. Device setup? Two items: extension & device abrasion. I reviewed p. 198 before I started. They show categories, not what the lcd shows. At least as best as I can see. For example, none of the settings referred to in your g4210 response appear to be on this lcd (as best I can tell scrolling through with one hand holding a flashlight). Is there a way to set the static IP thru the printer? My previous Canon could. And my Brother laser also does.

Hi,

Its true,

Canon doesn't offer a glossary of menu options for the G7000 series.  The 4210 and 7020 are different models, I would not rely on a reply I made for a different model to correlate 100% with your 7020.

Canon recommends setting the printers IP using the IJ Networking Utility, but you have other options.

If you don't know the current IP of the printer, you can print its network configuration using this guide:

Canon Knowledge Base - How to Print the Network Settings - G7020

Armed with this info, you should be able to open a web browser and enter the printer's IP address to view its web server.

Another method:

Log into your router and view attached devices.  The page printed above will show the printer's assigned IP, it will also display the MAC address' for each interface wired ethernet or wireless LAN.  You can use this info to (1) identify the device on your router, or (2) reserve or assign an IP for the printer using the MAC address for the interface you want to use wired or wireless.  Once assigned restart the printer and your router will give it the IP you specified.

Or

Open the IJ Networking Utility -See page 80 of your manual.  It has options for DHCP or Static IP.  . 

Note: its much easier to use a utility or the printers web server to navigate the menu / options.  Don't bother with the 2 line dot matrix display, you'll be there forever.

Hint: You often have to enter the printer's serial number into the Remote UI  (Printer's Web Server) to access it.  This is on the back of the printer or on its box.  I suggest you make a note of it. 

You are definitely on the right track.  I highly recommend using a static IP.  Its a one time set up that doesn't require constant management on your part. Makes life a lot easier and provides reliability. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I suggest you try the printer's webserver.

Or

The online manual starting on page 198

G7000 series Online Manual (c-wss.com)

If you tell us what you are looking for, we might be able to help.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hguilmette
Contributor
Thank you for your response. My issue is that I don't have any idea what's there or even where "where" is. For example, I was following your response on making a static IP for g4210. I checked the manual with no luck. Tcp/IP? Your kidding in g7020. Device setup? Two items: extension & device abrasion. I reviewed p. 198 before I started. They show categories, not what the lcd shows. At least as best as I can see. For example, none of the settings referred to in your g4210 response appear to be on this lcd (as best I can tell scrolling through with one hand holding a flashlight). Is there a way to set the static IP thru the printer? My previous Canon could. And my Brother laser also does.

@Hguilmette wrote:

Hi,

Its true,

Canon doesn't offer a glossary of menu options for the G7000 series.  The 4210 and 7020 are different models, I would not rely on a reply I made for a different model to correlate 100% with your 7020.

Canon recommends setting the printers IP using the IJ Networking Utility, but you have other options.

If you don't know the current IP of the printer, you can print its network configuration using this guide:

Canon Knowledge Base - How to Print the Network Settings - G7020

Armed with this info, you should be able to open a web browser and enter the printer's IP address to view its web server.

Another method:

Log into your router and view attached devices.  The page printed above will show the printer's assigned IP, it will also display the MAC address' for each interface wired ethernet or wireless LAN.  You can use this info to (1) identify the device on your router, or (2) reserve or assign an IP for the printer using the MAC address for the interface you want to use wired or wireless.  Once assigned restart the printer and your router will give it the IP you specified.

Or

Open the IJ Networking Utility -See page 80 of your manual.  It has options for DHCP or Static IP.  . 

Note: its much easier to use a utility or the printers web server to navigate the menu / options.  Don't bother with the 2 line dot matrix display, you'll be there forever.

Hint: You often have to enter the printer's serial number into the Remote UI  (Printer's Web Server) to access it.  This is on the back of the printer or on its box.  I suggest you make a note of it. 

You are definitely on the right track.  I highly recommend using a static IP.  Its a one time set up that doesn't require constant management on your part. Makes life a lot easier and provides reliability. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

OK, I'll bite, how do I find the printer password? Manual refers to administrator password, and administrator password says its provided as the default by the manufacturer?

Never mind.  I finally (?) figured out it was set as the s/n.  Sorry.

Don't be sorry .  All good.

Man Happy

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hguilmette
Contributor
Thank you very much
Announcements