cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 won't power on

dsdiercks
Apprentice

Hello,

My PIXMA MX922 won't power on. It was working fine one day, and the next there were no lights, sounds, nothing. It appears to have completely died. I tried the Canon troubleshooting steps below, but nothing appears to work. The serial number is AENT[remainder removed to protect privacy].

1.  Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and from the wall outlet/surge protector and leave them out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in.  Sometimes one port on a surge protector will work, while another will not, so we recommend plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

2.  If the printer reset didn't work, please try to plug the printer into another power outlet in a different area of the room, or another room if possible and try to turn the unit on.

Please help!

Cheers,
David

5 REPLIES 5

Darius
Whiz

Hi dsdiercks.

From your descriptions of the symptoms, and the steps you have taken, the MX922 will need to be replaced.  If you're located outside of the U.S., you may find your local branch of Canon using the map on the Canon Global website: http://global.canon/en/support/

If you're located within the US and the printer is still within warranty (1 yr of original date of purchase), create or log into a Canon Account and register your printer HERE for your personalized support options.

If you're located within the US and the printer is outside of warranty, I can offer the Canon Upgrade Program, a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement.  If you're interested, more information is available through our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002.

jlbac
Apprentice

Mine also, how can I qualify for the discount program. Actualy I also have a MG3620 I put back in the box it came in becasue it is not functioning correctly either. I would like to discuss both items.

Hi, jlbac,

Our friendly sales team will be happy to check your eligibility to see if you qualify for that discount and go over all your needs with you to help recommend the perfect printer for you! They're at 1-800-385-2155 Monday through Saturday starting at 11am (ET).

AA11
Apprentice

Hello.

I have the same problem. Printer working fine in the afternoon and dead when I returned in the evening.  No one, including myself used it in the interim.  Tried different power outlets and the various reset strategies found on the internet.  No one speck of life. Seems like it may be a problem in the power board module.  This is very easy to remove.  Is a replacement available?

AA

Same problem . . MX922 doesn't power on even with direct plug to wall, wait 10 mins etc.    Are there other wireless printers that use the same ink cartridges.  It appears the unit must be replace but I've a significant investment in ink I'd like not to lose.

Announcements