cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX860 won't power up.

ninamclain2002
Apprentice

My MX860 won't power up. Worked a few days ago.  Replaced for now, but would really like to get fixed.  The printer  cost over $200, so I really would welcome any help on getting it working again.  Thanks......

10 REPLIES 10

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ninamclain2002,

Please follow these steps to resolve this issue:

1.  Please confirm other devices plugged into the electrical outlet power on.  At this time, please do not disconnect the printer at the electrical outlet.  If there is an empty electrical slot, plug in a lamp to make sure the outlet is working.

2.  Disconnect the power cord completely at the back of the printer.

3.  Please push the power cord back into the receptacle ensuring that the cord is pushed in as far as it will go.

4.  Pull the cord and see if it easily slips out from the connector or if it seems secure.

5.  If the machine does not power on automatically, press the ON/OFF button.

6.  If the machine does not power on after the power cord was pushed in all the way at the back of the printer and the ON/OFF button was pressed, please unplug the power cord from the machine and leave it unplugged for no less than 20 minutes.

7.  Please then reconnect the power cord, ensuring that the cord is pushed in as far as it will go.

8.  Press the ON/OFF button. 

If your PIXMA MX860 does not power on,  it is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the feedback.  I will do what you told me to do, and see what happens.  

POWER TO PRINTER GOOD, REPLACED POWER SUPPLY, CANON SUPPORT HAS NO CLUE TO THE PROBLEM.

ANYONE ELSE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM??

Yup. I tried Canon's procedure as well... didn't solve the problem. The power adapter (part# K30310) produces output at different voltages across combinations of the 6-pin connector, but since I don't see in the service manual what pins are supposed to supply which voltage level; I cannot diagnose if the adapter is faulty or not. Or, maybe it was the printhead. I'll never know at this point.  Canon responded with (paraphrased), "...the MX860 has been retired... and we're not going to answer any questions about it. Perhaps a community member will respond to your question".

It matters not. Eight days after I posted my own message about not-powering-up, we donated the MX860 for parts and purchased an Epson Workforce Pro WF-4830.

Good luck all. Best wishes for your efforts. We're moving on.

I tried this, problem still exixts. Canon Tech' have no clue to solve the problem other replace Printer.

Hello.

If the power issues continue to persist, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have been down that road already. the answer i received was replace the printer!!

A lot of help thar was!!

I was told the same thing too.   I like Canon, but I am thinking of trying another brand.  One that stands behind their products, and doesn't just try to get you to buy a new item.

AS I HAVE SAID TO YOU BEFORE, YOU SEEM TO KNOW LESS ABOUT YOUR PRODUCT THAN I DO!! ANYONE CAN EASILT SAY IF DOES NOT WORK REPLACE IT. i EXPECTED MORE FROM A SUPPOSEDLY KNOWLEDGABLE CANON TECHINITION.

SO THANKS FOR NOTHING, JAMES WOOD

Announcements