cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX432 will not connect to my Windows 10 anymore

GrrrPrinters
Apprentice

I've had this printer for almost a year and it has connected fine, although my girlfriend was never able to connect it to her laptop. Now, recently, it stopped working on my laptop and only works on hers, which she got a few months ago. I just spent about 45 minutes trying to fix it, but nothing seems to do anything. I uninstalled it after trying a number of other things, and now it won't reinstall. It just keeps saying the printer is not connected/detected. I restarted my laptop and tried again after realizing I needed to restart it. I tried connecting it by USB as well as wireless. I updated the wireless network info. It's connected to the Xfinity. My laptop detects the wireless network. I looked under "hardware" info and it said error "Code 45." I looked that up and there's no info anywhere about error code 45. There's no other info about what the error is. Nothing is wrong with my USB ports.

Also, this issue started right after I changed out the black ink. I've tried reinstalling that as well.

Please help.
I recently updated Windows and that's the only thing I can think of that would cause this issue.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

With your PIXMA MX432 powered on and paper loaded, please follow these steps:

1.  On your printer, please press the wrench and screwdriver button.

2.  Use the arrow keys to select Device settings and press OK

3.  Use the arrow keys to select LAN settings and press OK

4.  Use the arrow keys to select Print LAN details and press OK

A page will print.

On the page, please look at the SSID.  That is the name of the Wi-Fi network that your PIXMA MX432 is connected to.  Please verify that your laptop is connected to the exact same network.

6 lines below that is Signal Strength.  Please make sure that is above 70%.  If not, move the router or move the printer so that they are closer to each other.

Lastly, 2 lines below Signal Strength is IP Address.  Please write down the address listed to the right.  This is the IP address assigned to your PIXMA MX432 by your router.

On your computer, please press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

In the Run window that appears, please type CMD and click OK

In the Command Prompt window that appears, please type:

PING (the IP address of your printer) and then press the Enter key on your keyboard

For example, if the IP address of your printer is 192.168.1.55, in the Command Prompt window, please type:

PING 192.168.1.55

and press the Enter key.

The IP address of your printer is most likely not 192.168.1.55.  Please enter the number that you saw on the sheet that printed before.

If you get "Destination Host Unreachable" or "Request Timed Out", please reply to this post with that information.

If not, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4. Right click the Canon MX430 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all MX430's are removed.

5. Click Close to close that window.

6. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).

7. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).

8. Click once on "Canon MX430 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.

9. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.

10. Once done, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1. Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-s...

2. Click the Select button next to "MX430 series MP Driver Ver. 1.03 (Windows)".

3. Click the Download button. The drivers will download.

4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

5. Double click "mp68-win-mx430-1_03-ea24.exe" to begin the installation.

6. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements