cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX350 in 'error state'

Lethal42
Apprentice

Hi,

I am forced in part to link my mx350 to the printer by usb cable due to poor nbn coverage, however I am also connected to it wirelessly without issue.

Today the colour cartridge was replaced (wth the same one...just 'shaken'), and since then I have been unable to print using either method, despite reinstalling drivers, rebooting 'umpteen' times removing the device from 'printers & scanners' (win 10)and then readding it.

I have sort to reset the device however I have found instructions on other sites dont present me with the same  'drop downs'.

I recall resetting the printer a number of months ago, by pushing start button a number of times, in a given procedure, however there must be a more efficient way.

NB. Other device CAN print wirelessly to it currently.

Would apprecaite any direction, and of course happy to clarify any point/process.

cheers

Lethal42

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers should resolve this issue.  Please make sure that a USB cable is not connected to the printer.  Then perform the following:

1.  Click the Start Button and search for the Control Panel, then open the Control Panel.
2.  Open "Programs and Features", or "Uninstall a program".
3.  Uninstall the MX350 MP Drivers and the Canon IJ Network Tool if either of these are listed.  If these are not listed, move on to the next step.
4.  Go back to the Control Panel.
5.  Open Devices and Printers.
6.  Right-click and delete or remove any copies of the printer that are listed here.

7.  Restart the computer.

When the computer restarts, visit THIS LINK to download and install the latest MX350 series MP Drivers.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Hi again Lethal42.

XPS is a Microsoft proprietary data format, similar to PDF. It did not catch on widely, and so is currently used only for specialized programs.  The XPS Printer Drivers are designed to print from such specialized programs; if you need XPS drivers, one or more of your programs will tell you.  The XPS Printer Driver will require the MP Drivers to also be installed.

The MP Drivers, or Multifunction Printer Drivers, are the core driver installation for the MX350.  The MP Drivers installation will contain the printer driver, scanner driver, and (for models supporting it) the utilities required for network connection (if installing for use over wifi or Ethernet).

If you need to uninstall the MX350, remove both the MP Drivers and XPS Drivers, as well as the optional Extended Survey Program (if it is present).  Restart the computer between the uninstallation and the reinstallation to ensure the reinstall comes in clean.  When reinstalling from the download, always start with the MP Driver.  Only add the XPS driver if one of your programs requires it.

I hope this information helps answer your questions.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Darius
Whiz

Hi Lethal42.

To help the community provide solutions, please let us know if any errors are occurring on the MX350 itself.

Please also keep in mind that the computer-side error "Printer is in an error state" often acts as a generic "could not communicate" error, and that Windows computers will typically treat the printer's USB connection and its wireless connection as if they were completely separate devices.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Darius,

Apprecaite your guidance, and response.

There are no messages displayed on the printer itself. Indeed other devices can print to it.

What steps, given your detail, should I proceed with in regard to this potential 'communication' issue. I assume unplugging the usb connection (to rely on the wifi), is the first?

regards

Lee

Hello.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers should resolve this issue.  Please make sure that a USB cable is not connected to the printer.  Then perform the following:

1.  Click the Start Button and search for the Control Panel, then open the Control Panel.
2.  Open "Programs and Features", or "Uninstall a program".
3.  Uninstall the MX350 MP Drivers and the Canon IJ Network Tool if either of these are listed.  If these are not listed, move on to the next step.
4.  Go back to the Control Panel.
5.  Open Devices and Printers.
6.  Right-click and delete or remove any copies of the printer that are listed here.

7.  Restart the computer.

When the computer restarts, visit THIS LINK to download and install the latest MX350 series MP Drivers.

Hi Michael, I think by default thats what i tried yesterday...and it worked well.
BTW what are 'MP drivers' as opposed to 'xps drivers'?
They are both aligned (?) with the mx350

regards

Lethal42

Hi again Lethal42.

XPS is a Microsoft proprietary data format, similar to PDF. It did not catch on widely, and so is currently used only for specialized programs.  The XPS Printer Drivers are designed to print from such specialized programs; if you need XPS drivers, one or more of your programs will tell you.  The XPS Printer Driver will require the MP Drivers to also be installed.

The MP Drivers, or Multifunction Printer Drivers, are the core driver installation for the MX350.  The MP Drivers installation will contain the printer driver, scanner driver, and (for models supporting it) the utilities required for network connection (if installing for use over wifi or Ethernet).

If you need to uninstall the MX350, remove both the MP Drivers and XPS Drivers, as well as the optional Extended Survey Program (if it is present).  Restart the computer between the uninstallation and the reinstallation to ensure the reinstall comes in clean.  When reinstalling from the download, always start with the MP Driver.  Only add the XPS driver if one of your programs requires it.

I hope this information helps answer your questions.

Great answer! Thx Darius
Announcements