I have Canon MX340, printing from Windows 10.
I never use colorr. For years my printer worked fine with an empty colorr cartridge and a usable black cartridge..
Recently, after changing the black ink, I got message saying "Color ink running low"
I tried the various suggestions in the manual, such as pressing the red inverted triangle button for 10 seconds.
Eventually, I bought a new color cartridge - which I don't intend to use 🙂
Now there are no error messages, but I don't get a preview. The normal green preview screen appears - but it's blank.
If I now print, I get a blank page.
First, let's perform a test of your printer. Please follow these steps:
1. Press the OPEN button to open the Output Tray.
2. Load letter-sized, plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder or the Cassette Tray.
3. Press the COPY button.
4. Press the MENU button repeatedly until MAINTENANCE is displayed in the LCD.
5. Press the LEFT or RIGHT ARROW buttons until NOZZLE CHECK is displayed in the LCD, and then press OK. The nozzle check pattern is printed. Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to the bottom of this post.
If the page prints blank, printhead cleanings should be performed. Please follow the instructions below to clean the printhead:
1. Press the MENU button repeatedly until MAINTENANCE is displayed in the LCD.
2. Press the LEFT or RIGHT ARROW buttons until HEAD REFRESHING is displayed in the LCD below MAINTENANCE, and then press OK.
After 3 or 4 cleanings, print another test page. Does the test page print correctly?