cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7500 - will not turn on

triplesilk
Apprentice

I wonder if someone can give me any suggestions....

My MG7500 printer stopped working as the paper kept getting jammed inside (behind the ink). It was difficult to remove, and when the jam was cleared printing something new just started the problem again. When I looked from the back I could see something that looked like jammed paper on the right, so I tried to fish this out. I got a bit of it, but I now think it was something that was supposed to be there so I have probably made it worse.

Before I worry about issue one though, I now note that I cannot turn the printer on. Pussing the button (or area of the front to be precise as there is no pretruding button) has no effect. I did have the printer on my deks when I was trying to fix the jam but, other than the above, don't believe that I damaged anything. I have tried with a different plug so I'm sure it's not the power souce. 

I can't see another on/off that I may have pushed by mistake, so anny suggestions would be great!

1 REPLY 1

triplesilk
Apprentice

P60619-153446.jpg

The pic above shows the rubbon that I have broken (thinking it was a blockage). It turns out that this is a power cord from the machine to the front panel, that's why I can't turn the thing on.

Can anyone tell me whether I can get a replacement and whether it's viable to fix myself?

Thanks!

Announcements