cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG6320 Support Code 1415

Airkraft1122
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a two month old Canon MG6320. The printer worked fine for about 2 weeks, but then began given support code 1415, which is essentially the ink cartridge is not being read. I tried replacing the color "M" cartridge with a new one, but still the same error. It seems to me that there is an error with the sensor that is reading the "M" color cartridge.

tried contracted support, but was told it would $79.99 for them to update the software. Unfortunately, even if this is a driver issue, I'm unable to update the drivers as this printer is not connected wirelessly while in the error mode. I do not have a USB wired connection from my PC (Windows Vista) to the printer.

I read online that some people were able to fix a similar issue by using a Q-tip and cleaning the sensor. Any recommendations?

Thank you,

Brian

2 REPLIES 2

Airkraft1122
Apprentice

UPDATE: I found that if I switch the "M" cartridge (Pink color to the far right) with another cartridge, the slot that i place the M in becomes the one that is now not recognized. So this issue is not isolated to the far right sensor. Again, I've tried 2 brand new M cartridges and the issue continued with both. Any ideas?

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi Airkraft1122,

It certainly sounds like an issue with the ink tank detection.  A few things I need to mention.

First, we do not charge for technical support or software updates.  It sounds like you may have contacted a repair or support facility not affiliated with Canon USA.  We definitely will not charge software updates, which are available for free on our website.  Really, the software should have little to do with the error.  This error is pointing to something internal with the device.

Since your printer is only two months old, I recommend checking into your warranty service options.  While a quick fix / home remedy may work in some cases, often they can cause more harm then good.  You may be able to clear the error now with a quick fix, but it will likely return down the road.  By then, the printer may be out of warranty.  Let's go ahead and address the issue now and get you back in working order.  Please Contact Us for more information!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements