cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG6320 - Can't print to CDs/DVDs

devzin98
Apprentice

Hello.  I have a PIXMA MG6320, and I'd like to print directly to CDs and DVDs using third party software.  I do NOT want to use Easy-PhotoPrint EX, as that software is awful. 

I cannot find any documentation explaining how to do this, and it was never a problem with my Epson.  In my software, I go through and select my printer, as well as the type of CD tray.  However, it prints out on paper.

So I guess my main question is: Is it possible to print to CD using third party software?  If not, I'm going to be extremely upset, as that was the main reason I bought this printer.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi devzin98,

You should be able print on CDROM/DVDs with third party software, as long as that software supports it.

Please set the printer driver to print on a disc:

1.  Click on Start and then Control Panel.

2.  Click on Printers.

3.  Right click the PIXMA MG6320 and left click on Printing Preferences.

4.  Click on the Main tab.

5.  Next to Media Type, please select Other Papers and click on Printable disc (recommended).

6.  The Paper Source should change to Disc tray.

7.  Click Apply.  A message may appear warning that the Page Size is set correctly.  Please allow the change to "Disc tray J".

8.  If the warning message does not appear, please click on the Page Setup tab.  Next to Page Size, select "Disc tray J".

9.  Click Apply and then OK.

Once set, you should be able to on a disc from your program.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements