cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5620 PGBK print only distorted

Geekster
Contributor

Hi!  I have a Canon MG5620 printer that started printing distorted in PGBK only.  The vertical lines print as vertical elipses between the second horizontal line at the bottom and the top of the graph display on the "nozzle test" page.  My problem is, can this be fixed or is it time to shop for a new printer.  I can post the print if required.  Thanks for the guidance!

Geekster

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi Geekster,

The nozzle check pattern is a maintenance function which is stored in the printer's memory.  Since cleaning the encoder an additional time did not improve the print quality the printer will need to be replaced.

Please click HERE to contact chat or telephone support for the available warranty options.

View solution in original post

This happened more than a year ago.  Solution likely involved print head replacement.  Canon makes HP too.  Go with printer with head in replacement cartridge or just go to a Brother laser printer.  I did, didn't look back at wasting ink to clean nozzles, fantastic printers!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

What do you mean by "the nozzle check pattern is a maintenance function which is stored in the printer's memory?" The PGBK image prints but ALL the vertical lines are ellipses. Also the number of pages and version that prints at the end of the nozzle printout are double printed on top of each other. The text printed in the column by the C/M/Y/BK/GY colors is perfect. It is only an issue with the PGBK printing, and ONLY VERTICAL printing.

If this was a encoder strip problem would not all text be off?

This is incredibly frustrating. Our business has over 20 of these Canon MG series printers and several of them have developed this exact same issue. To be told to replace the print head that costs what a new printer costs is nuts. 

I can't believe there is a clear explanation for why this happens. The only reason why there are not hundreds, if not thousands, of people reporting this is that they don't know what to search for to find this thread. I have spend hours looking for an answer and finally found this thread. Most people I bet give up and trash the printer, of course this is what is desired by Canon (new sales).  If we don't find a satisfactory solution we will stop buying Canon printers and ink period.

If someone can find an answer that is NOT to clean the encoder strip (never solved this) or replace the print head it would benefit many, many people.

This happened more than a year ago.  Solution likely involved print head replacement.  Canon makes HP too.  Go with printer with head in replacement cartridge or just go to a Brother laser printer.  I did, didn't look back at wasting ink to clean nozzles, fantastic printers!

this is not a solution unless Canon wants everyone to switch to another printer manufacturer

satheshmarutham
Apprentice

I see exactly the same problem in MG5650

domnantas
Apprentice

I am experiencing exactly the same on MG5750. I have wasted a ton of ink cleaning the nozzles, and the timing strip but the issue stays the same. This is ridiculous.Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 11.01.57.png

Announcements