cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5620 Error Code 6000/Paper Jam

mhoy524
Apprentice

Hello, I had a paper jam in my Pixma MG 5620 printer, and thought I got all the paper removed.  After that it printed fine a couple times, but then all of a sudden stopped working and now shows Error Code 6000.  Turning the printer on and off has not resolved the issue.  Any other ideas on how to resolve, or how to find the jam/clear it, if that is the issue?  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mhoy524! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. The code 6000 on the PIXMA MG5620 indicates a general hardware error that requires service.

In some cases, this error has been caused by a paper jam under the printer or in the back. If you have not done so, please remove the paper from the tray at the bottom of the printer. Then, look in the tray for any obstructions or paper that have gotten stuck. If you do see a paper jam there, please pull it out slowly.

Next, you can open the panel in the back of the printer and look for more paper stuck there. You will find instructions in the following website:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/MG5600%20series/EN/ERR/1304.html?ref=1304

Besides looking for a paper jam, you can make sure that the ink cartridges are properly seated. You can also turn the printer off AND disconnect the power cable. Please leave the cable disconnected for at least one minute before reconnecting it. If the error comes back after you restart the printer, you have done all you can do.

If you purchased your printer within the last 12 months and you have a receipt that shows the purchase details, please create a My Canon Account in the following website and register the printer:

https://myprofile.americas.canon.com/us/signin?redirect=%2Fus%2FaddProducts

After that, you can contact the Canon support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

If the printer is no longer in warranty and you want to pay for service, you can perform a web search with the key words "printer repair" and your zip code. That should pull up any electronic repair shops in your area that can service printers. We do recommend that you make sure the repair shop is reputable.

It may be more cost effective to purchase a replacement if you have had the printer for a while.

Through our Canon Upgrade Program, we can offer you a discount and free shipping on a new printer if the warranty is expired. If you are interested in that, please call (866) 443-8002 from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M. (Eastern Time), Monday through Saturday to speak with one of our sales agents who would be happy to help you.

I hope this information helps. Thanks again.

Announcements