cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG55220 Won't Communicate Through Hardwired Ethernet Connection Anymore

epie
Apprentice

Hello,

I have had my MG5220 for a few years now and have been printing through the home router which is connected to my running Mountain Lion.  Connection from Mac to router is hardwired Ethernet and Wi-Fi from printer to router.  Set-up has been like this since day one and no problems.  Suddenly I can no longer print through the hardwired Ethernet connection (Error message says, "Printing - Communication Error has Occurred") but I am successful if I turn on Wi-FI on my Mac and go through my router that way to the printer.  I can continue to print through Wi-Fi in the future but this does bother me as to why it would suddenly stop working.  Any suggestions to troubleshoot would be appreciated.       

Thanks in advance!

epie

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello epie.

Please try the following adjustment to see if we can resolve the error:

1.  Click the Apple and choose 'System Preferences'.

2.  Open the 'Print and Fax' menu.

3.  Highlight and delete any copies of the Canon Printer listed on the left by clicking the minus (-) sign.

4.  Click the plus (+) sign.

5.  Click 'Default' on the upper left corner.  Wait a few moments, then highlight the Network version of the printer (with a set of numbers, or 'canonijnetwork' in parentheses). 

6.  Click 'Add' on the bottom right corner when it becomes available.

Once this has been done, try printing to test the unit.

If the error still persists, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements