cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3620 ink carriage moves to left and stops

Ccav55
Apprentice

Hello,

hoping someone may have had a similar problem.

brand new MG3620, removed tape and protective materials, powered up and went to put in ink cartridges.

the cartridge carrier did not move to the right for cartridge insert, remains on far left.

checked and rechecked, I see no tape or other materials. Restarted. Carriage still to far left.

manually moved it to right, put in cartridges, when started the carriage moves back and forth but when it goes left it stops and never returns, power and alarm light blink alternatively.

i've taken out the cartridges and replaced multiple times, no effect.

powered off/on multiple times, no effect.

checked for ant tape or material stuck in there multiple times, nothing.

the only thing I can see that looks off is the color and black ink cartridge carriers aren't exactly level, not sure if it matters, but this is brand new out of the box, never used so can't be paper jam or worn parts.

I've followed multiple videos and tutorials found online to address this, nothing has worked.

i'm assuming it's a factory defect and want to throw it in the trash, but if anyone has had a similar issue I'd appreciate hearing about it---good news or bad, just want to know.

thanks

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Ccav55,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements