cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG2522 is not recognized by laptop with windows 11

eoliarich
Apprentice

Computer does not recognize driver or printer for that matter.

7 REPLIES 7

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If you have another usb port on your device, please try connecting the printer to it. If you connect it to a port that was recognized by another device like a mouse or keyboard, there may be security setting on the computer interfering with the install. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I only have one usb port and the printer is not recognized by computer.

JaneM
Apprentice

It shows in one place that the driver for the MG 2522 is "unavailable"....so they sell a printer there is no driver for?!!?!?  I've been playing with this for over a week.  I've gone to the Canon site and downloaded driver but it doesn't work. I have tried to install for the 100th time and got an error that all printer drivers were installed incorrectly and to reinstall correcltly but doesn't say how or why they are installed wrong.  I'm too old for this.  

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JaneM,

Please refer to my post above to resolve this issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I feel your pain. I am on my 4th printer by the 4th manufacturer and no luck. Everything wants wifi and not everyone has it.

Good Luck

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi eoliarich and JaneM,

Reinstalling will resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4. Right click the Canon MG2500 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all MG2500's are removed.

5. Disconnect the USB cable.

6. Click Close to close that window.

7. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).

8. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).

9. Click once on "Canon MG2500 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.

10. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.

11. Once done, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1. Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-mg2522

2. Click Downloads at the top.

3. Click on Software & Downloads.

4. Click the Download button to the right of "MG2522/MG2525 MP Drivers Ver.1.02 (Windows)".

5. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

6. Double click "mp68-win-mg2500-1_02-ejs.exe" to begin the installation.

7. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall, reconnecting the USB cable when prompted by the installation.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

shinigamidlo
Apprentice

This worked fine for me, the problem being that the usb was plugged in during installation...reading the instructions helps in this case.

Announcements