cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 7520 stuck in firmware download

RicoX
Apprentice

My MG 7520 is stuck in an endless firmware update download. Has been for weeks.

The display shows "downloading" for several minutes, then changes to "failed to update.Press [ON] to retry." Donig so just starts the same cycle over again. This has been going on for a couple of weeks at least.

Unplugging/waiting/replugging power doesn't help. The cycle just picks up where it left off.

There are no buttons per se, just a soft power button. Tried pressing it for a long, long time to see if I can trigger a reset; no joy. Tried pressing it as I plugged in the power cord. No joy. There seems to be no way to interrupt this thing.

Probably relevant is the fact that I recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 10, causing my laptop wifi to go unstable. I've sent the laptop to the shop twice in a failed attempt to restore my Wifi stability (works for a couple hours, then fails). The secong time in the shop, the tech wiped out my OS and reinstalled it--erasing all my drivers and application software in the process. So there is no Canon MG 7520 driver. Today I downloaded the driver (yes, for Windows 10) but it won't install because it can't find the printer. Probably because my dear printer has its head stuck in its power port.

Anyway, the saleint point is that the Wifi AND the printer firmware update probelms have both been going on so long I can't remember which happened first. Sorry.

Feeling helpless and hopeless. Anyone know how to force a factory reset on an MG 7520? Will send homemade cookies as a thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

BillS
Mentor

Hi RicoX,

When any function is being performed, a red Stop button should appear on the right side of the panel.  Pressing this button should halt the operation, allowing you to press either the Back or Home buttons.  If the Stop button does not appear or is non-functional, the printer may require service.

Certain issues are very difficult to resolve via forum. If you would prefer to speak to a technician for additional assistance, you may call our special toll-free number for customers with unresolved issues by dialing 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). If you prefer to continue to communicate via forum, reply to this message and we will respond as quickly as possible.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, BillS. There is a red light glowing on the right side of the front, but it's not a button and doesn't respond to pressure. I'll try calling the tech line. 

BillS, everybody--I reached Customer Service at Canon. They were extremely helpful, and soon realized this puppy was permanently stuck. They're shipping me a new one today, free. Thanks to everyone who weighed in to try to help.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements