cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG-7520 red orange triangle lightening bolt, not powering on

kozmik
Apprentice

My MG7520 is getting a red orange triangle with lightening bolt when plugged in. Otherwise no activity, no LCD screen, no power-up.

I've already tried power cycling it multiple times with long waits. 

This happened after the printer was bumped. Maybe is has a shock sensor? Can more diagnostics be read from it via USB? Any way to soft reset the master warning?

How do I get into chat with a technician? 

Thanks much.

27 REPLIES 27

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi kozmik,

Please try using a different power outlet in a different room, without a surge protector.

If your PIXMA MG7520 still does not power on, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for the link... I'll try it

cpekid
Apprentice

I've had this printer for 18 months and the same thing just happened to me. The orange triangle with the lightning bolt comes on when the printer is plugged in. The white light above the power button is on, but the printer is otherwise dead. I haven't used the printer that often in the past year, and just replaced the original ink cartridges last week. It seems like this is a wide spread problem with Canon Pixma printers. I've seen tons of complaints about printers dieing around the year to 2 year mark AFTER the warranty expires. I sure wish I could get into the class action law-suit.

Looking everywhere for a solution to this very same problem. MG7500 printer only two years old and have the lightning bolt triangle and white light over power button on solid. Tried unplugging and plugging in again with no luck. Paper jam, printer ink etc. This occured straight after main power supply to home was turned off for carry out renovations and a new power board was installed at same time. When turned printer on the above problem commenced. HAS ANYONE GOT A SOLUTION PLEASE. Using another room as suggested is not an option. THANKYOU ANYONE.

Methree
Apprentice

Same problem - has anyone found a solution? I have plugged into wall directly, left unplugged for days, turned on/off while holding down power button. Is it just dead? I have a ton of ink for this thing... huge waste

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Methree
Apprentice
I requested assstance months ago, never heard back. Crap support. Not going to be buying canon products again

Hi Methree! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums! 

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback.

If you are in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team. If the link does not work for you, you can reach them by calling 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday to Friday from 10AM to 10PM ET. 

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

We hope this helps! 

I am having the same problem.  Don't you think you should have a remedy or be honest and say when this happens your printer is done and you need to replace it.  

Announcements