cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2525 USB cable needed

sarahb
Contributor

Hi. The printer did not come with a cable to connect to my laptop.  Can someone please tell me which USB cable I need to purchase? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stephen

Hi, Sarah!

You just need a simple USB A to B cable. Nothing fancy. You should be able to get it anywhere that sells electronics. It looks like this:

USB-A-to-USB-B-Cable.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Stephen

Hi, Sarah!

You just need a simple USB A to B cable. Nothing fancy. You should be able to get it anywhere that sells electronics. It looks like this:

USB-A-to-USB-B-Cable.png

sarahb
Contributor

Thank you very much

normadel
Authority
Authority

What kind of USB port(s) does your laptop have? The cable shown won't fit some computers that moved on to USB-C, or Macs with Lightning or Thunderbolt.

sarahb
Contributor

All the usb charging cables that I currently have (for cell phones, mp3 players, external hard drives etc) fit, and I believe that are all 2.0 USB connectors.  It's an HP laptop running Windows 11.  Probably bought it about a year and a half ago.  The cable I found on Amazon also says USB 2.0.  

Sounds like you're OK, but just FYI, the cable distinction I was talking about is not whether it's USB 2.0. There are different connectors on USB cables, that are all USB 2.0.. The one shown is an A - to- B cable. The A end is the rectangle computer end. It could also be a USB-C connector for computers with that type of port. So one needs a cable that fits their computer.

sarahb
Contributor

Got it.  Thank you!

Announcements