cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation apps for two Canon printers simply disappear after choice of "network" or "USB" cable

clc2
Apprentice

After a glitch, I had to reinstall Windows 10 64-bit on my 500 GB desktop SSD drive, which wiped out everything installed on it. (Most of my data files are stored on the desktop's 1TB hard drive, so I don't need to reinstall that.

Other apps are installing with no trouble, but I've tried to install a PIXMA MX532 All-In-One Inkjet printer and a PIXMA MG7120 All-In-One Injet printer and run into the same issue -- the installation program vanishes after I choose either a network or USB connection.  Vanishes, but doesn't stop running, because when I go to restart windows, I'm told no, an installation app is running. Yet there's no trace of the app running in the process tab of Task Manager.  I have to force a shutdown to deactivate the installation programs.

When start up the computer again and go to try to reinstall, again, I get a WinZip self extractor window that reads "Can't create output File: C:\Users\chuck\AppData\Local\Temp\win-mg7100-1-1-ucd\MTSETUP4.EXE"

When I go to the Temp file given above and delete the installation file win-mg7100-1-1-ucd\  and the file MTSETUP4.EXE, I'm able to get the installer to the point of choosing either network wireless or USB cable, the installer vanishes.as soon as I choose either.

Since I have an old HP B/W laser installed, the problem would appear unique to Canon all-in-one installers.

I'll need to buy another brand of printer unless I get this problem solved.  

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

clc2
Apprentice

Big news!  The glitch in Windows 10 that stopped Canon printing programs from installing gets fixed by installing Windows 11.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

clc2
Apprentice

Big news!  The glitch in Windows 10 that stopped Canon printing programs from installing gets fixed by installing Windows 11.

Announcements