cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set default scanner software for PIXMA MP470?

uf692
Apprentice
Every time I scan a document, a window pops up asking me which program I want to use: MP Navigator EX or OmniPage SE 4. How can I set the default to MP Navigator, so I don't have to keep responding every time? I once was able to do this, but unfortunately I needed to reformat my computer and I need to do this again. I have a Microsoft Surface Pro IV, running Windows 10 Pro
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please try the following:

1.  Right-click on the Windows Start button and choose "Run".  The Windows Start button is usually on the bottom left corner of your computer screen.

2.  In the "Run" window, type in "control printers" without the quotes.  Then click OK.

3.  When the Devices and Printers menu appears, right-click the MP470 and choose Scan Properties.

4.  In the "Events" tab, change the "Action" option to "Start this program" and choose the MP Navigator.

5.  Click OK.

Once this has been done, try scanning to test the adjustment.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

uf692
Apprentice
Sorry that I forgot to mention that the pop-up window asking what software I want to use is labeled "Canon MP 470 ser"

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please try the following:

1.  Right-click on the Windows Start button and choose "Run".  The Windows Start button is usually on the bottom left corner of your computer screen.

2.  In the "Run" window, type in "control printers" without the quotes.  Then click OK.

3.  When the Devices and Printers menu appears, right-click the MP470 and choose Scan Properties.

4.  In the "Events" tab, change the "Action" option to "Start this program" and choose the MP Navigator.

5.  Click OK.

Once this has been done, try scanning to test the adjustment.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you!
Announcements