cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to scan to WORD file?

syank
Apprentice

My Pixma MX922 scans to pdf or jpg files just fine. How can I get it to scan (recognize text) and scan to a WORD file?

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello syank.

Our IJ Scan Utility program can perform basic OCR processing.  Please follow these steps to use this feature:

1.  Start, point to (All) Programs, Canon Utilities and then open the Canon IJ Scan Utility.

2.  Click 'Settings' on the lower right corner.

3.  Click 'Document Scan' on the left.

4.  Under 'Application Settings' on the right, select 'Start (OCR)' and choose 'Canon My Image Garden' in the menu.

5.  Click OK.

6.  In the IJ Scan Utility, click 'Document'.

When scanning is completed, Notepad will open and you will be able to edit and save your document.

If you need additional assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I don't get "application settings" option.

Maybe because I don't think I have CanonMyImageGarden installed? (I could not install from CD because my VISTA isn't able to fully install SP1).

I'm thinking maybe I need to install ImageGarden program? If so, is there a place I can download it for the Pixma MX922?

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

The My Image Garden program would have to be installed.  You can download the program from our website at the following link.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx922#Dr...

If you need additional assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Still can't install MyImageGarden. Problem is evidently with my system, so I'm giving up for now. Thanks for your help--it's much appreciated!

Announcements