cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Connect MX452 to WiFi?

rcollier6
Apprentice

Have new MX452 and can't get it conne3cted to WiFi.

24 REPLIES 24

ddarren
Apprentice

Same issue.

I downloaded the driver again.  Installed, restarted the mac and the printer.

Still shows Printer not connected.  ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hello all.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of these issues.  Please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

bgalakazam
Apprentice

To everybody struggling, I would like to clear this up:

- MX452 doesn't have an ethernet (wired) port

- WPS is EXTREMELY insecure and can be bruteforced in less than 10 hours. I don't recommend to anybody using WPS

This leaves 2 options:

- use a USB cable for the printer

- set up the printer over normal wireless

However, to set up the printer over normal wireless (not the insecure WPS), you need to install Canon's software, connect the printer and configure it for EACH computer you want to access the printer wirelessly from. You get what you pay for... Canon for $80 retail, what do you expect...

How to get Windows 8.1 to print to MX452 wirelessly (not WPS):

1. Connect printer to computer via USB cable

2. Install Canon software

3. Set up the printer for wireless printing in the wizard

Problems:

- you most likely will end up with 2 printers: 1 for USB 1 for wireless inside Windows. Delete the one for USB

- with Windows 8 and 8.1, when the printer goes into "sleep", I have to restart it completely, or it will not print anything in the queue

I resolved the problem with the wifi setup for the MX452; I purchased a new router that is Windows 8 compliant. After setting up the new Netgear WNDR3700v4 router, all my computers connect to the printer wirelessly with no problems. My old Netgear WNDR2000 router did not have firmware updates for Windows 8 so my computers could not communicate with the printer wirelessly.

Announcements