cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Canon PIXMA iP8720 Installation Problem: 'Not detected'

DinoNuggets
Apprentice

Hoping someone can help me out!
I'm trying to install my printer onto my new pc, but it keeps running into the same issue no matter how many times I try to fix it!

I am on 'Step 3: Setup' for installation, the Printer Connection.
Initially, it detects the connection via usb, but then drops it later. I keep adjusting and re-connecting it, but it never completes the process.

Any thoughts? Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

I have tried the wireless-setup, but that doesn't work either. (I think its network restrictions. A network I do not have access to.)
I am running Windows 11.

1 REPLY 1

The4JaysMom
Apprentice

I just got my new IP8720 to install wirelessly thru the usb connection by deleting the printer pass key (which is the serial number on the back of the printer). It appears that Canon released firmware that added this password for the printer and that is the additional step that my Deco M9 mesh wifi system got hung up on... I had the MX922 before and compared all network settings between the two printers and that's the only difference. The MX922 worked fine with my Deco system I bought in 2020. So having a separate 2.4GHz SSID is not necessarily for the IP8720. I started with IJNetwork app connection with USB connected and entered printer and router passwords when prompted. I went into the printer settings on my PC and unchecked the password option for the printer. Then I redid install with usb connected and pick wireless and dedicated a node for connection (don't remember exact wording) and completed install. Then unplugged usb and my PC and android phone can now see my printer! I did research and struggle for a day, but this was my final solution! Hope this helps. It's producing awesome xmas cards on Lustre paper!

Announcements