cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR4520 Won't Scan After Windows 11 Upgrade

Tightrice
Apprentice

I have a Pixma TR4520. I used to be able to scan on it, now that I have moved and updated my computer to Windows 11. I can still print but I can no longer scan. I always used Windows Fax and Scan now when I go to try it pops up that there is no scanner detected. It tells me to double check that it's plugged in and turned on. So now I'm stuck. I also updated the driver from the canon website.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi, 

Please click HERE to download and install the printer/scanner driver and software. Once the printer is installed, click your Windows start button and scroll down until you see a Canon Utilities folder. In that folder, select IJ Scan Utility and open it and try to scan. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

MikeG1
Apprentice

I am experiencing a similar problem. Kept receiving an error about not being able to connect to the scanner). It worked prior to the update to windows 11 (both printing and scanning).

I reinstalled the canon software. Both the main package (win-tr4500-1_4-b_mcd) and the mp drivers software (md_-wintr4500-1_03-ea34_2). After i restarted the computer and scanner. I was able to scan a document on the scanner bed. But if i tried using the auto feeder it errored out. 

that lasted for three pages. Now i am getting a can't connect to the scanner error no matter what i scan from (bed or auto feeder). 

I am still able to print. Just the scanner is not working

I suggest you download Canon Inkjet Smart Connect from the Microsoft store

Guide operations through this software

Thank you that looks like it has resolved my issue.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements