cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Reset Pixma MX922

jbw1
Apprentice

Hi,

I have a Pixma MX922 printer that is stuck on a B200 error. I've given up on trying to resolve that issue and would like to discard the printer. However, I would like to perform a factory reset first as personal info such as my Wifi credentials are stored on the printer. I've tried following instructions I've read online but haven't been successful. How can I perform a factory reset on my printer?

Note that because it's stuck on the B200 error, I can't seem to be able to access the menu on the LCD screen.

I contacted Canon by e-mail and the support representative claimed that leaving it unplugged for 48 hours would reset everythihng...don't think so.

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try leaving it unplugged and press the power button. It may drain any residual power and resolve the problem.

If, at the end of the day, you can't access the printer probably no one else can either, so probably no worries.

As final assurance, change your wifi credentials. Good practice periodically anyway.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Allireece
Apprentice

You can absolutely revive your mx922 after the forsaken B200 death code. I’ll link the video I watched on YouTube that brought mine back to life. It took doing it several times for it to work, but it did work. 

https://youtu.be/aedPja3XL_I

Bigpygme
Contributor

I had a stubborn B20 error on my MX922 for a while. I hadn’t used it in a couple of months, although i hadn’t planned on that and hadn’t taken the cartridges out and stored them. 

I put in new ones, but no joy. Research led me to suspect the print head was gummed up, so after an alcohol soak didn’t fix the Error i bought a solvent “kit” online; that didn’t resolve it either.

I shopped online for another print head. The prices varied wildly. It felt like i was taking a chance when I chose a new one for $30 (not a manufacturer’s item). 

I installed the print head and reinstalled the new cartridges, which I’d sealed in a baggie to prevent their drying out. Next step: reset the MX922 using others’ advice to press/hold Stop for a couple of seconds, then press Start while immediately pressing Stop 5 times. The screen lit, then the printer took some time before ‘booting’, apparently deciding whether to accept the new print head and re-evaluate he B200 error.

After 20 or 30 seconds the LED panel lit without a B200 Error warning. It came on line perfectly. It had worked 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements