cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAX from Word 2010 with MX922

mmw123
Apprentice

I have had Word for years and always been able to fax from it thru the multi functoin printer/fax machine I had at the time. Not so with the MX922 and Word 2010 combo.  How it usually works is that you just click 'print' but hen select the "MX922 FAX" and it's supposed to pop up an address book and you fill in the fax number of the destination. It works in Wordpad but I can't get it to work with Word 2010.  I called Canono help, and after holding for 30 minutes, they said it sounded like a problem with Word so couldn't help me.

I've looked on line for Canon or Word help and don't see any suggestions to this specific issue.

Anyone have any ideas? Seems counter productive to create a message in Word, then have to print it and manually send a fax when the MX922 is supposed to be a multi function machine and HAS a fax option when printing so somewhere there is a setting that I need to find and update but I don't know if it's truly a Word issue or if it's a Canon issue.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have. 

5 REPLIES 5

Ebony
Rising Star

Hello mmw123,

What troubleshooting steps have you performed?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thought I said in the initial message,  the fax works with Wordpad. But I don't use wordpad for a documents.....I use word 2010  that means there is something inhibitiing it with Word.

Same result with Windows 7!!!  But it had worked previously. 

It also appears to work properly in Excel (windows10, Office 2019). 

I request Canon to step in and advise us of the solution.

You are replying to a 9 year old thread.

You should start a new thread describing your problem and question.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hello,

I have the exact same problem, not being able to fax from my Win-7 Ultimate thru the MX922 multifunction printer.

When I try to send either a Word (2010) docx, doc, or Excel xls, or Adobe PDF file, (even a one word document), the applications hangs (Not Responding).

Faxing a Txt file or Wordpad file works fine. This is done by printing to the Canon Fax printer in all test instances.

So it is not a Word, or Excel, or PDF specific, it occurs with all.

This has happened to others reporting it here in the Canon Message board so it is not specific to my computer.

Any ideas how to correct this problem. Is there an updated fax driver that corrects this problem?

Announcements