cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver for Canon Pixma MG3220

Handkaine
Apprentice

Microsoft says that I cannot download a driver unless it is a Microsoft Verified App.  Where can I find that?  Thanks for your help.  I'm using Win10.  

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Support | MG Series - Inkjet | PIXMA MG3220 (MG3200 Series) | Canon USA

Maybe you need to change your permissions in Windows.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

John-

We got new laptops, and I'm trying to re-install the drivers for our Canon MG3220 printers. 

Thanks for the lead on those drivers, but unfortunately Canon seems to have removed them from this "support site, and I can't find them anywhere (at least any where reputable!)  They places that claim to have them seem like scams.

Can you (or anyone else reading this) recommend a good source for the drivers, or perhaps even have them available and are willing to share?

Thanks very much,

-Patrick O'Brien, Summit Federal Services, LLC

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Is your Windows 10 running in "S Mode"?

See my reply in this thread to resolve:

PIXMA MG2522 Driver is Unavailable Error - Canon Community

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Maybe you could call Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON and they could assist. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John.  I tried calling first, but after punching in the model number, the "attendant" claims that it is now not supported anywhere except the website.  Where - of course - it is no longer supported.  Argh.

I also found this tip on scraping the driver from a previous machine where it was installed (which I have).

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/73f764a3-188b-44c5-84a5-acb1904c3518/copying-print...

But for some reasons the files listed in for the driver on the old machine do not include a .inf file, so it doesn't find anything to install.

And Rick - thank you for your reply as well.  By "S Mode", do you mean "Safe Mode"?  No - I haven't started it in safe mode, but (assuming that's what you meant), what would that do for me?

Thanks do both of you for your time and thoughts.

Kindly,

-Patrick

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings Patrick,

Now I see what's happening.  Your printer is retired, and Canon is no longer hosting its drivers.  

You may be able to find drivers for it somewhere, but you may also encounter some shady files that do not so nice things to your machine.  I think its time for a new device.  The MG3220 is over 10 yrs old.  I did not realize it was so old until I tried John's link above.  

I recommend that you not try to copy installation files between computers.  

Not relevant now...  but ...S Mode is not Safe Mode.

About Windows 10 in S mode

Windows 10 in S mode is a version of Windows 10 that's streamlined for security and performance, while providing a familiar Windows experience. To increase security, it allows only apps from Microsoft Store, and requires Microsoft Edge for safe browsing.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Rick for the explanation.  I read up on S Mode a little bit - learning something new every day!

However, I don't think using S Mode is an option for us, as our endpoints are configured and managed by a security service.  But I do have the ability to load apps as local admin.

I guess I was just hoping that someone may have a copy of the CD or the .exe download handy from when it used to be available here on Canon.  If you come across anyone with that (for Windows 10, 64 bit), could you point them my way?

Thanks again.  Kind regards,

-Patrick

Announcements