cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloaded Windows 10. Colors now off on Canon MX920

jea1013
Contributor

My Canon MX920 was working beautifully till I downloaded Windows 10. Now the colors are all wrong.  Everything appears too yellow. I have downloaded the Windows 10 driver, and deep cleaned the print heads twice, but nothing has changed this problem.  Can someone suggest what might be wrong and how to fix it?  Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What software are you printing from?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for your reply.  I am printing from both Photoshop and the generic print manager that appeared when I upgraded to Windows 10.  (The one that  looks quite different from Windows 7--most noticeably now it has a black border around the picture I want to print. )  I get the same results either way.

Is the printed image "too yellow" when you see a known item or is it more yellow than the monitor?

Try downloading and printing the test image from this website without making any adjustments in Photoshop. How does the test image look?

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I have been printing out the same image that I printed on my Canon MX920 before the Windows 10 upgrade, and comparing the before and after.  The after image is much yellower than what is on my monitor and also much yellower than the before image, which was very accurate in color to the known object.

I printed out the test picture you suggested.  The most noticeable problem is the black lines across the bottom and the black circles in the middle--they have a green tint to them. The picture of the phone in the upper right hand corner also has quite a greenish tinge to it.

The strwberries look a little less bright, and the rocks that form a triangle are also less bright.

The lower right hand corner imageof something like yarn is blue on my monitor, and much greener in the printout.

The yellow trees are very similar, as is the sunset, on the printout and what is on my monitor.

Good troubleshooting. Definitely a printer problem. I would delete the driver to uninstall the printer and install again. If that doesn't correct the problem give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks, John.  I will do as you suggest and call Canon if that doesn't work. I really appreciate your help.  

jea1013
Contributor

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now my Canon MX920 won't print colors correctly.  It looks like there is too much yellow. I have upgraded my driver to Windows 10 and deep cleaned my printer heads twice, and neither of those actions helped at all. Can anyone help me figure out what is wrong and what I can do about it?  Thanks. 

Announcements