cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code 5,157,69 - MG5520

LauraKosmos
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MG5520 printer.  The printer works, the copier works, but when I try to scan, I get a Code 5,157,69.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software, but nothing seems to work.  So my guess is that there is a setting which somehow got changed.  Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shanafab
Apprentice

I was getting the same error and tried un-install / re-install, which didn't work.  Then I turned of my work VPN to see if that was the issue and it was.  As soon as I disconnected the VPN it worked again, so the first couple of times I used the scanner I must not have been on my company's VPN.  Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46

hutchphd
Apprentice

Had same problem on win7 pro64.  I think it only appeared after I activated the network capability. Tried to go back to USB but problem remained.  Tried reinstalling everything, firmware updater, driver update....no joy.  UNINSTALLED IJ NETWORK SCANNER SELECTOR EX (via windows control panel) and problem seems to be fixed.  Don't know if Network capability works and don't care.

hello, thanks for the tip . it worked perfectly after uninstalling canon scanner selection tool . the only thing i cannot use is the canon scanning tool but it works with any other scanning tool. 

i use w10, usb connection, canon ts3110

wokaili
Apprentice

I am on Windows 10 and getting the same error through Wireless and when I connect directly through USB I get the same error. This was working, I did not change anything and now I can't scan at all. I tried Paint and that did not work. I have a ton of pictures to scan and am really unhappy that this is no longer working.

marcosbronhara
Apprentice

I had the same problem and find out the printer was just offline:

Uncheck your "use offline" settings in printer's config. You can also right click your printer, in Control Panel, access Scanning Properties as Admin, and click "Test Sanning". Windows will activate the printer .

Hope it helped!

CCh91
Apprentice

I have same error code on  Windows 10 and no possibility to scan via Paint. (Canon MG 3550)

The scanner is not recognized...

It did work less than one week ago. What happenned ?

Please help !

Glad you found a solution!  We're not sure why the "Accept as Solution" button wasn't available to you, but we went ahead and did it for you!

Thanks for being part of the conversation!

Constantin0s
Apprentice

Same issue with my MG3550.

Window 7 x64 won't recognize the scanner wirelessly.

I try many times to scan wirelessly with “Windows Fax and Scan” &  "Windows Pain" unsuccessfully. Always prompt me the message "No scanners were detected"

shanafab
Apprentice

I was getting the same error and tried un-install / re-install, which didn't work.  Then I turned of my work VPN to see if that was the issue and it was.  As soon as I disconnected the VPN it worked again, so the first couple of times I used the scanner I must not have been on my company's VPN.  Hope that helps!

awc1957
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MG3620 multi-function printer. I moved recently. Before I moved the printer could copy, print and scan. Now after moving it will copy only. I get code:5,157,69. I am using Windows 10 operating system. Any help would be appreciated.

awc1957

Allen

Announcements