cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cartridges not seating properly in Pixma ix6820

WebbyDean
Apprentice

So as the title says, the black ink cartridge doesn't seem to be making a complete connection with the carriage. This only happened when I tried to replace the Magenta and Yellow cartridges. If I put the old empty Magenta and Yellow cartridges back in, the problem goes away. As you can see in the video below, the slightest movement knocks it out of place. When I shut the lid, the printer gives me the "Ink cartridge not recognized" error, and tells me to replace the cartridge with the light off. However, when I open the lid, all of the lights are on. My previous iX6820 did the exact same thing, but with the yellow slot. I'm not sure if it's from using 3rd party cartridges that cause different points of tension on the carriage, or if it's from age.

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Third party ink can cause issues like this. Based on the video, it does look like you are using third party ink. To see what the Canon cartridges look like please click HERE

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements