cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanonScan scanner 9000F MkII won't print

Nicholas
Apprentice

Just installed a Canon 9000 F MK II scanner. I have an OSX 10.9 mac and an HP 8000 printer (which works fine from i photo etc). When I try to print an image from My Image Garden I get a prompt: "cannot print because a printer supported by this software is not installed" How can I correct this?  Thanks. Nick

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please check the settings menu in the IJ Scan Utility program to make sure that your HP Printer is the selected printer to use.  It may be possible that the program is attempting to use a different printer on the system.

If additional assistance is needed, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have similar problem. I verified the settings as suggested, my HP 2200 printer is correctly listed.

When I use the copy command of the 9000F is works corretly and the copy is printed, however when I scan the same document, then open My Image Garden and request to print, i get the "cannot print because a printer supported by this software is not installed" message.

Please help in solving this.

Jean-Luc

Announcements