cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon pixma g7020 not printing middle of picture

prillow
Apprentice

I've been trying to print out several pictures and they are all coming out with the middle segment missing. I've tried on both letter size and the the 4x6 I had originally been trying to print on, and they are all having this problem. Weirdly enough, I tested out printing an old shipping label pdf and that printed out just fine.

I've tried looking around for help and I've tried updating the drivers (my printer says it's up to date), different maintenance/cleaning settings, and even just turning it on and off and nothing seems to be working. 195494.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Very glad to see I'm not the only one as well! I had a feeling it might have been because of the windows update since I remembered it just updated the other night and I hadn't had any problems with my printer before then.

I may try doing a system restore to before the update had installed and see if that does anything. Here's hoping this all gets resolved somehow!

***EDIT***

The system restore worked! I simply did a system restore to before windows had updated and now my pictures are printing perfectly now!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tim_the_print
Apprentice

I to have this problem (glad its not just me!). I see your post is dated 13th of March. This print fault only appeared on my MG6350 on the afternoon of the 12th, 12 hours after the latest Windows update! The previous evening it was working fine, I print a lot of pictures and never have any trouble and have never seen this before.

I'm no expert but could this be a software problem linked to the Windows update? I have tried installing a new driver but to no avail, I assume there are a few other things I should be doing/trying but it's not really my thing.

My nephew has a degree in computer sciences so unless a fix appears on here soon I will have to contact him to see what he thinks. Unfortunatly current travel restrictions here in the UK means that I am unable to visit him or him me even though he's only 40 minuits away so he will have to talk me through it.

If he does come up with a fix I will let you know.

Very glad to see I'm not the only one as well! I had a feeling it might have been because of the windows update since I remembered it just updated the other night and I hadn't had any problems with my printer before then.

I may try doing a system restore to before the update had installed and see if that does anything. Here's hoping this all gets resolved somehow!

***EDIT***

The system restore worked! I simply did a system restore to before windows had updated and now my pictures are printing perfectly now!

teresita
Contributor

I posted this same problem.  I also had a Windows update right before my pictures weren't printing correctly.  I have Windows 10.  How do I do a "system restore?"

Tim_the_print
Apprentice

Thanks for the info PRILLO regarding the ues of a 'system restore' to fix the problem.

My limited computer skills put me off doing it so I contacted my nephew. Via 'Teamviewer' (didnt even know that existed!) he checked out the problem and comfirmed my suspicions about the Windows update causing the problem (Windows photo viewer apparently). However he thought that a system reset was not suitable for me (not sure why) and instead installed the free 'Fast Stone image viewer' for printing. It works a treat and is quite easy to use so i'm back to printing again.

If others who are having this problem dont want to go down the route of a system restore then this is a fairly straight forward alternative, and I assume other free photo editing software would also do the trick.

Announcements