NMK
Apprentice

Other colors appear to be fine.

I've been through multiple sequences of:

• twice cleaning
  • twice deep cleaning
  • ink flushes
  • re-seating the print head

Occasionally, there are faint traces of black, but then they vanish utterly on the print nozzle check.

Note: no BK at the topNote: no BK at the top

Not sure what else to try.

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You have done what we would have suggested to resolve the issue. Since the ink still wont print correctly, the printer would require service.

If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for this issue. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I purchased this printer August 2, 2020, so I guess it is out of warranty now, but we have only used it lightly in that time (more ink has been used in cleaning, deep cleaning, and a few ink flush operations than in actual printing).

I had hoped that it might be possible to just replace the black print head, but is this unlikely to fix the problem?

My previous printer was a Pixma IP4500. We used that for decades and really hoped that these Eco tank Canons would be built to last and easy to maintain. 😞

PrintGand
Apprentice

I've had the same problem, twice.   I fixed it by using Print Head Hospital cleaning kit.

Printer Cleaning Kit for Epson Printers - 5oz | Easy to use kit to Clear Printer nozzles | Artisan Photo Workforce WF Ecotank ET

Follow directions.  It worked for a while after first cleaning, few months maybe, then failed again.  Second cleaning was today, we'll see how long it lasts.  I suspect it is not truly blocked, more likely air in head or feed lines, but an ink flush should have fixed that, I would have thought.  I also fear that there is a limited size to the sponge/reservoir that collects waste ink from cleaning and flushes. The printer counts the amount of ink dumped in there, and when it hits the limit, printer stops working.  You might be able to replace the sponge/empty reservoir, but I don't know if you can reset the counter that measures the the amount of ink dumped.  I try and use cleaning and flushes as sparingly as possible.

Announcements