cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TS9520 Errors 1313 and 6A80

darkride
Apprentice

I was given a TS9520 and was told it had a paper jam. I see no evidence of a paper jam. It initially had the 1313 error but now I see 6A80 when its turned on and of course Canon's help is nonexistant. Canon also says the serial number is invalid so contacting them for service is out.

I've seen something online about empty/dry ink cartridges causing the error. Before I spend the money on a set of five cartridges, I wondered if anyone else has had this issue.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There is no magic bullet for these errors I am aware of. The following KB's exist.

6A80

The printer comes with a 1 yr warranty. Proof of purchase may be required for service or replacement.

We've seen a large number of users who fail to input their serial numbers correctly for registration. Using "O"'s instead of zero or vice versa. Also only the last 10 digits of the S/N are used for registration starting the from the right and moving left. XXXXXxxxxxxxxxx.

Someone might have given you the device because it requires service. You may not have all the history? Can only speculate, but I wouldn't buy more ink as a solution. I'd follow the recommend steps in the KB's and then decide next steps. A conservative approach which won't cost you anything.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Actually, I've tried everything I could find online, the cartridges were the last thing left. As to the serial number, I'm wondering if the printer was "grey market".

Announcements