cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TS6400 inkjet printer magnetism and pacemakers

Brit1
Apprentice

Prior printer was a laser and I just got this inkjet printer but concerned about the warning for people with pacemakers (I don't have one fortunately) because of the magnetism. Just wondering if this is dangerous in other ways particularly for children using it?

4 REPLIES 4

normadel
Authority
Authority

What warning? What magnetism? Where did you see this? Do you think your printer is generating some kind of powerful magnetic field?

I had to do some extreme digging because this is the first time I've heard this!

It's HERE.

The printer is generating a magnetic field because it's doing its job. When the electronic components work, they generate a low-level magnetic field - every electronic product does. The notice is simply saying if you have a pacemaker, and the magnetic field causes your pacemaker to react - something's not right, and you want to stop using the printer. Call your doctor immediately so you can make sure you're OK. And when you're able, reach out to support so we can look into it. That's all! 😊

Brit1
Apprentice

the info is on the Safety and Important information sheet that comes with my Canon printer:

Users with cardiac pacemakers - this product emits low-level magnetic flux, if you feel abnormalities please move away from the product and call your doctor

normadel
Authority
Authority

So does this apply to ALL inkjet printers?  How about laser printers?

Announcements