cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TS3150 Scanning Without Ink

Sian
Apprentice

I have ran out of black ink in the Canon TS3150 printer, but the printer will not me scan a document to my laptop. Surely you dont need ink to scan a document to a laptop?????

3 REPLIES 3

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi Sian,

In the event that the printer is display a support code (including empty ink cartridge) it will prevent the printer from performing any functions before the support code is resolved. If the support code is either 1686 or 1688 you may hold down the STOP button for at least 5 seconds to disable the ink level detector. This may allow you to perform the scan.

Please be advised that Canon shall not be liable for any malfunction or trouble caused by continuation of printing under the ink out condition. 

ljmacq
Apprentice

I used to be able to check the ink levels on windows 10. But now the first thing I know is the warning light flashing on the printer and the fact it will not print until i get new ink. This is the first post I've made and am not sure how to post

Danny

Thanks for being active in our community! We're happy to share that it's possible to scan with an empty ink tank or cartridge. To start scanning, follow the instructions at this link.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements