cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma: TS5120: how can I make sure the print size is "letter" instead of A4 (which is metric)?

Optimistic
Contributor

Microsoft Word’s page size setting is standard "letter" size (i.e. 8.50 x 11.00) in my computer, as I desire.   However, when I save a Word document, the resulting measurements are 8.27 x 11.69 (metric).   That's also known as "A4".   Technical support tells me it's my Canon printer's fault.  I doubt that, though, but I don't know how to make sure my printer's set for regular "letter" sized documents instead of metric (i.e. A4) ones.   Any suggestions, please? 

8 REPLIES 8

Arthur

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

What is the exact model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit)?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.
If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.
If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.
Thanks and have a great day!

Canon Pixma: TS5100.   

That's the series! If you look on the printer, either the front or the top you'll see the specific printer model.

TS5120 , perhaps?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

I'm not sure I understand, you say that MS Word is set to 8.5x11 letter, but when you save a document in Word it saves differently.  Did you mean print?  Check page setup and confirm the output settings are for 8.5x11 (letter).  Do this in print preview. Once you're ready to print, hold the Control key+P.  Here you will be able to select the output size.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello.  Thanks for the reply.   I did, indeed, mean save, not print.   I.e. when I save a document, either by normal saving as a .pdf document, or "printing" a .pdf to save it, the 8.5 x 11 "American" measurements morph to the A4 "metric" ones.   Microsoft technical support thinks my Canon printer MIGHT be asserting a metric setting somehow.  But I do not see that there is a metric setting with my Canon printer.  I'd not mind but the distorted dimensions prevent acceptance when I try to e-file a .pdf document.  Might anyone else here have had this sort of morphing experience?   At any rate, a good weekend to all.  🙂

As for:  "Check page setup and confirm the output settings are for 8.5x11 (letter)", are you referring to a Microsoft Word setting or one in my Canon printer somewhere?   

Greetings,

I am.

Page Setup - Microsoft Support

This would be the most likely place for the issue.   

shadowsports_0-1711202690031.png

Additional document settings are found in Print Preview.  You may use File > Print or CTRL+P to access.  This dialog let you select size, 2 sided printing, page ranges, etc.  You can also click the properties menu under the printer tile at the top which opens your printer driver and displays its properties.  

Print Driver Properties - This is the only place where the printer or its driver could influence page size, but it should only affect documents you are printing, not saving.

shadowsports_2-1711203101482.png

shadowsports_1-1711202916328.png

Hope one of these helps you find it.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements