cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma TR4720 driver installation failed

ROCKETMS450
Contributor

We recently had a problem with our router. The printer was working just fine before the router issue, but after we got that resolved the printer wouldn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer. It's connected to the router now but I keep getting a message saying Driver Unavailable. I attempted to download and install the drivers several times but I keep getting a message that says installation failed. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Hi, ROCKETMS450!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you for letting me know - I am running Windows 10.

Hi,

Does the Canon driver installer run and it fails when you select wireless connection method or does the installer fail to run in general after downloading?

We look forward to your reply.

It fails to run in general.

To clarify, I can run the download and it goes through all the steps but at the very end I get the message "installation failed".

Hi,

Can you send a screen shot of the error message that appears? Does the installer find the printer after you select wireless connection?

We look forward to your reply.

Hello! I went through the driver installation process again so I could take a screenshot of the message I got when it failed, and this time it somehow worked so I am up and running! Thank you for taking the time to reply to my previous messages to try and help me work through this!!

Announcements