cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MX922 Keeps giving No paper in lower cassette error- has paper

Atvchick95
Apprentice

Three days ago while I was printing it made a grinding noise, I didn't think anything of it, it wasn't the first time it's done this, and it's also not the first time it has told me it's out of paper when it isn't. Usually just taking the lower cassette tray out and putting it back in fixes it, or just adding more paper. Well, now nothing is fixing it. I bought it on March 6, 2018. It goes through the motions when you choose to print on the computer, it even says printing on the printer LCD Screen, you can hear the parts moving, but it will not grasp the paper and pick it up and feed it through, doesn't matter if it's plain copy paper, Or Glossy sticker paper (which I have used in this printer several times a week for the last year) The settings are always set to whatever I am printing (mainly only on the Glossy sticker paper), Within a minute or two the error pops up, that the bottom cassette has no paper and gives instructions on what to do, I have cleaned the rollers by removing the paper tray cassette and turning the printer on its side, I used a plain baby wipe that had nothing on it (no alcohol, no oils, no aloe, etc just basically a damp(very) towelette) 

It was working perfectly fine, then it made the horrific grinding noise, printed out 1 sheet, and then after that it has been an "out of paper" error since. I have tried everything from hard resets, powering off, and turning back on, updating drivers, deleting it completely off my computer and reinstalling, I've googled, I've been on Youtube, I have changed all the settings manually on the printer itself and the software I print from and the print manager all to make sure every spot matches the rest. Nothing is working, and I use this printer daily When I bought it 5 years ago it was only $ 79.99 on Amazon, now they're selling it for $478.97 and that is from the Canon Store! I do not know why the price jumped so high, but that is ridiculous, and I'm not paying that price. But this printer has been the best one I've had in years and was happy it wasn't discontinued like my last favorite was after 12 years or use and needed to be replaced 

Are there any steps I am possibly missing? Is it just the rollers that pull the paper in that are worn, and need to be replaced, is this able to be done by an average person? Or does that horrific grinding noise it made (that made my dogs jump out of their bodies) mean my printer is ready for the boneyard, and I have to go searching for a new one? I went with the canon brand because It's been around for ages, I love my canon camera, and I knew it was a trusted brand, however, I'm not wanting to replace a printer every 5 years, when my Epson lasted me 12 before I got this canon! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Based on your description, the printer has experienced an internal hardware issue and would need to be replaced. 

Since the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Based on your description, the printer has experienced an internal hardware issue and would need to be replaced. 

Since the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements