cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG2922 and Windows 11 Compatibility

Bluesman52
Apprentice

HI,

I have this Canon Pixma MG2922 for 6 years and works fine with my MAC.

According to a few websites it is Windows 11 compatible. 

I had downloaded the entire driver package for my Windows all-in-one pc and can't get it to print.

Can anybody verify if it is Windows 11 compatible and how to set it up?

I don't do much printing nad it's a shame to have to buy a cheap printer for my PC.

Thanks

Bluesman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Good Morning.  Its supported 😀

shadowsports_0-1699200859056.png

Canon Support for PIXMA MG2922 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

This one should work with W11

shadowsports_1-1699200969833.png

There is also an optional XPS driver that will support 16bit printing for better color rendition/gradients.

One of the typical reasons people have issues connecting their printers via USB is because they connect them to windows before installing the drivers.  The drivers should be installed first, then connect the printer when prompted.  

If you've done this, I'd remove the printer from Device and Printers, disconnect the USB cable, uninstall the software and restart windows.  Then reinstall the drivers package, and connect the printer when prompted to do so.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Good Morning.  Its supported 😀

shadowsports_0-1699200859056.png

Canon Support for PIXMA MG2922 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

This one should work with W11

shadowsports_1-1699200969833.png

There is also an optional XPS driver that will support 16bit printing for better color rendition/gradients.

One of the typical reasons people have issues connecting their printers via USB is because they connect them to windows before installing the drivers.  The drivers should be installed first, then connect the printer when prompted.  

If you've done this, I'd remove the printer from Device and Printers, disconnect the USB cable, uninstall the software and restart windows.  Then reinstall the drivers package, and connect the printer when prompted to do so.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for the reply.

I found the entire driver download right on the Canon web site. It works great. It's the entire printer package with scan, print, and a super photo/movies editor!!!

Thanks!!!!

I don't know if my reply went through but I got it to download and re-install the entire printer suite!!!

Thanks!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Glad it worked out.  Thanks for your feedback.  Take care.  🙂

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements