cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA G3010 bootloop issue, stuck on loading screen when connected to WiFi

aldrinjeth
Apprentice

My canon PIXMA G3010 printer is having problems turning off, disabling the WiFi connection, or initiating Direct connection when it is initially connected to the WiFi. I have found that this issue is related to the printer attempting perhaps to access the internet. When the router internet is turned off while keeping the WLAN on, the G3010 works as it should, no bootloop issue.

I've found that this issue was also previously reported to other PIXMA models and a firmware update was issued by Canon. Unfortunately the fix didn't include the G3010.

Pretty sure that this is not just an isolated case since I've also seen numerous reviews saying that they cannot turn off the printer when it is connected to WiFi. Are there any other possible fix for routers without child lock function that restricts the printer's access to the internet? Also tried one of the suggested solution in the other thread which is to tweak the DNS settings but I'm not that tech savvy 😆

Hope Canon will also issue a new firmware update to fix this issue. IMG_20230406_215929.jpg

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements