cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA G2010 Faint printing

EB-G2010
Apprentice

Hello community!

I have G2010 printer. Few days ago it needed refilling for black ink so I brought the same ink I have been used since I began.

I do not know if that is related to the problem I am facing now. The priniter began printing documents with a little faint or parts were moved a little. I tried cleaning, deep cleaning, bottom plate cleaning, roller cleaning, and even ink flush several times but it did not work. when I printed nozzle check, it was not like what the manual showing as an error; the cells were all there but some of them have double borders, a very tiny move. When I tried to print pages with high quality printing, the problem vanished but another one showed up- the text has shadow. Unlike standard and draft, the page is entirely the same while the formers' problem is in a specific horizontal area. I tried cleaning the encoder film but there is no spots on it and I do not know if I did it well but the problem is not solved though.

I think I might upload some pages as described, and other details if all mentioned above is not enough to give solutions.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Tiffany

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA. While the commmunity is welcome to chime in, the Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Based on your description and the fact you have cleaned the encoder strip, your issue sounds like a print head alignmnet issue.  

Does "brought the same ink I have been used since I began" mean canon ink or 3rd party. 

A picture of the issue might help.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements