cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX922 with iMac running Big Sur--scanning 35mm transparencies with wireless connection

rbon123
Apprentice

Hello:

i would like to attempt to scan a whole bunch of 1980's era 33 mm transparencies from my MX922 into digital form onto my Imac running the just released Big Sur OS.  I have never done this before and would appreciate answers to the following:

--does Canon have drivers/software available for download that I can use for this purpose and, if so, what do I need to download and where can I fiind it?

--is this a relatively straightforward project with this hardware and software?

--any other hints/guidance?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rbon123,

To have the image appear on the computer, the film needs to be backlit, for the scanning element to detect the image.

The PIXMA MX922 does not have the abiltiy to scan film negatives or slides because of this.

To scan, you would need a film scanner.  An example of this (which is also compatible with Big Sur) would be the CanoScan 9000F Mark II.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rbon123,

To have the image appear on the computer, the film needs to be backlit, for the scanning element to detect the image.

The PIXMA MX922 does not have the abiltiy to scan film negatives or slides because of this.

To scan, you would need a film scanner.  An example of this (which is also compatible with Big Sur) would be the CanoScan 9000F Mark II.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements